We are an approved provider for Mountain Training’s Rock Climbing Instructor qualification. This qualification is aimed at those who would like to instruct group climbing and abseiling on single pitch crags and artificial structures. It focuses on personal climbing skills and the safe management of groups on natural cliffs.
TRAINING COURSE PREREQUISITES
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You should be an experienced indoor and outdoor rock climber.
- You should have a genuine interest in climbing and the supervision of groups.
- 15 led routes which must be graded rock climbs with traditional protection.
- 15 led routes at a climbing wall.
- 5 led routes which must be outdoor bolt protected sport climbs.
If you can meet all of the above requirements, here’s what to do next:
- Create an account on the Mountain Training Candidate Management System and register for the Rock Climbing Instructor scheme (this costs £47)
- Register an interest in attending one of our upcoming Rock Climbing Instructor training courses.
For more information about Mountain Training click here!
TRAINING COURSE PRICES & DATES
- Duration: 2 – 3 Days
- Max Ratio: 1:4
- Venue: Avon and South Wales
- Cost: £155 – £230 per person
- Course dates can be found on the Mountain Training website.
- For any further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSESSMENT COURSE PREREQUISITES
- You must have attended a Rock Climbing Instructor (or Single Pitch Award) training course or been granted exemption from training.
- You must be familiar with the syllabus.
- You must be competently leading Severe grade climbs on outdoor crags with leader-placed protection.
- You must have led a minimum of 40 graded rock climbs with traditional protection at a variety of venues (of which at least 20 MUST be at Severe grade or above).
- You must be proficient in the use of climbing walls and have a minimum of 30 climbing wall leads graded at F4 or above.
- You must be proficient in outdoor bolt protected sport climbing and have a minimum of 10 sport climb leads graded at F4 or above.*
- You must have assisted in the supervision of 20 instructed sessions. These sessions should be at a variety of different venues with 10 being on indoor climbing walls and the other 10 on outdoor crags. A session is a half-day or evening. At least five of these sessions must have personal reflective comments recorded on DLOG.
- You must have physically attended and completed (i.e. not online) a first aid course which involved at least two full days or sixteen hours of instruction and included an element of assessment.
ASSESSMENT COURSE PRICES & DATES
- Duration: 2 Days
- Requirements: As required by Mountain Training
- Max Ratio: 1:4
- Venue: The Church, Bristol.
- Cost: £155 per person
- Please refer to the Mountain Training website for assessment course dates.
- For any further enquiries, email email@example.com