The Schools Climbing Championship will be held at The Church on Monday 6 February 2023. Competitors will boulder, route climb (top rope) and speed climb. There is also a stand-alone lead competition. There are 4 categories:
- Junior boys, year groups 7-9
- Junior girls, year groups 7-9
- Senior boys, year groups 10-13
- Senior girls, year groups 10-13
Schools can choose to field both individuals and/or teams of 3 and can submit as many teams as they choose. The competition will run as follows:
- 12-2:30pm: Bouldering competition held at The Mothership. Competitors will get 1.5hrs to complete 20 blocs in a flash format.
- 1:30-6/7pm: Top roping and Speed Climbing competition held at The Church.
- 3-6pm: Lead Climbing competition held at The Church.
- 6-7pm: Prizes provided by our sponsor Black Diamond will be awarded to the winning individuals and teams in each category.
Please note: The first part of the competition will be held at The Mothership (this is a 10-minute drive from The Church). This will also be the 3rd round of the TCA South West Schools Bouldering League.
As in previous years, this is a friendly competition for climbers of all abilities. TCA instructors will supervise and belay all competitors.
The cost of entry is £40 per team of 3 or £15 per individual, there is a discounted rate for schools competing in the TCA South West schools Bouldering League.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com