Climbing towards a greener future.
Increasing emissions are dangerous
Climate change is already wreaking havoc on people’s livelihoods and communities. More frequent and intense drought, storms, heat waves, rising sea levels, melting glaciers and warming oceans can directly harm humans and animals, destroying the places in which they live.
Time to make change
For a long time, TCA has been aware of the need for us to take responsibility for our emissions. 18 months ago we embarked on some research.
We brought in an expert emissions assessment consultancy, called Positive Planet. They produced a detailed report which we have used to create a sustainability strategy for TCA. This strategy will both reduce our emissions and offset those that we can’t reduce. Our aim is to reach carbon neutrality.
The key components of our strategy are:
- Only using sustainable electricity in our centres.
- Careful selection of suppliers, encouraging them to embark on their own strategic emissions reductions.
- Moving to suppliers with strong sustainability goals and transparency in achieving these.
- Educating and encouraging customers and staff on how to decrease their individual environmental impact.
- Offsetting our unavoidable emissions through Gold Standard offsetting schemes.
The next steps
TCA’s team of committed managers across all 5 centres are on board to help deliver this strategy. We are excited to make real positive changes. We will communicate our progress towards the goals in our strategy annually, so watch this space.
We're open to ideas and feedback Submit practical ideas and feedback via our sustainability feedback form.