The Schools Climbing Championship is being held at The Church (formerly Undercover Rock) on Monday 4th February 2019. Each competitor will have to boulder, route climb (top rope) and speed climb. There will also be a stand-alone lead competition, but as in previous years, the results from this will not count towards the championships.
There are 4 categories:
- Junior boys, years 7-9
- Junior girls, year 7-9
- Senior boys, years 10-13
- Senior girls, years 10-13
Schools can choose to field both individuals and/or teams of 3 and can submit as many teams as they choose.
The competition will run as follows:
- 12-2:30pm: Bouldering competition held at The Mothership (formerly The Climbing Academy Bristol). Competitors will get 1.5hrs to complete 20 blocs in a flash format.
- 1:30-6/7pm: Top roping and Speed Climbing competition held at The Church.
- 3-6pm: Lead Climbing competition held at The Church.
- 6-7pm: Medals and team trophies will be awarded to the individuals and teams with the most points in each category.
Please note that the first part of the competition will be held at The Mothership (this is a 5-minute drive from The Church). This will also be the 3rd round of the South West Schools Bouldering League. Once completed, teams will then go to The Church for the top roping, speed and lead competitions.
As in previous years, this is a very friendly competition and it doesn’t matter about the level of experience of the climbers. The whole event will be supervised by The Church / The Mothership instructors.
The cost of entry is £30 per team of 3 or £10 per individual.
To enter the South West Schools Climbing Championships please click here!
To see photos from last years comp please click here!
For more information please contact: email@example.com