There are some exciting changes coming to The Tiny Academy as of the week commencing 23rd April 2018.
As of the week commencing 23rd April, The Tiny Academy will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 09.30 – 11.00. There have also been a few minor changes to the structure of these sessions; more information on this below.
There will also now be breakfast deals running during the Tiny Academy which includes any hot drink and breakfast item (fruit, toast, porridge or a Croissant) for £2.50 to £3 (depending on food item). Free soft drinks will also be provided for children.
Why The Change of Time?
• These new times ensure that older siblings can still be dropped off at school before the session starts whilst ensuring that The Tiny Academy begins before 10am (which is when the centre tends to get busier).
• We’ve also added an additional 30mins to the sessions so that parents and carers can take some downtime in the cafe and socialise with other climbers and your Tiny Academy staff representative; more on the breakdown of these sessions below.
Why The Change of Days?
• We’re currently trialling early opening hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we thought these days would give parents and carers the choice to come down earlier.
• We also avoid routesetting on these days making it a more peaceful experience for everyone, especially youngsters.
• Finally due to demand, we thought it was time we added a Tiny Academy sessions to the rota each week; so instead of just one session, there are now two.
What’s the New Structure of these Sessions?
• 09.15 – 09.30 (Optional): For new members to signup ahead of the session
• 09.30 – 09.40: Introduction for new climbers, safety briefing and warm up period
• 09.40 – 10.30: Staff assisted climbing session with small play area
• 10.30 – 11.00: Time to climb freely, with allocated cafe space for breakfasts and beverages. Free soft drinks will be provided for children
• 11.00: Session ends
As always, these sessions can be booked in advance online or at reception on the day.[ssbp]